Friday 6 April 2018

DFI Workshop - Part 5: Google Keep and Google Sites

Time to reflect and share with colleagues:

What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy? That a teaching programme needs to be multimodal to suit the needs of all learners. No two people learn exactly the same way so its important to engage all the senses to maximise learning and understanding e.g. video, text, sound, images, songs, activities etc

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional? I learnt how to use the new Google site more effectively to make it more multi-modal for my learners. 

What did I learn that could be used with my learners? How to embed code for carousel function (for images) onto a site or blog. 

What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow in my personal life? I learnt how to use Google Keep more effectively. It is linked to my phone through the app so that I can update/check it whenever I need to.


Link to site: Conservation and Emperor Penguins

You can click on the link above to view the site that I created today. I practiced how to add images, text, links, YouTube clips etc. I am looking forward to improving my own class site and I am keen to create another separate site for next term. 


2 comments:

  1. Tena koe, e Sandy.

    Great point you made about the multimodal learning I completely agree no two learners are the same and we need to cater for a range of diverse learners. It's often a challenge finding new and different multimodal learning tasks. Do you find this as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, I love the way you managed to summarise your learning today and post it on your blog so easily. Your reflection on students needing multimodal learning tools is so true. Do you have a favourite one?

    ReplyDelete